Friday, September 5, 2008

Detour


We just finished our latest series at JLM. Detour was one of our longer series and I really enjoyed taking a closer, and sometimes humorous, look at the paths we take in our lives. The series tag line: Get off the Wrong Road...Stay on the Right Road...in Your Life summed up our goal to make sure we take the good detours and ignore the bad detours. I'm so thankful that God offered me a detour off the road that I was traveling when He found me. And I appreciate that He has kept me from taking the detours that the enemy has tempted me with since then.

How about you? Are you traveling the path that God first called you to travel? There's still time to recognize that you took a detour into bumpy territory. There's time to follow the sign that God holds up; the Detour sign that will point you back to the right road.

I appreciate the comments and feedback from the members of JLM that helped us dig deeper into this series and helped us make it relevant to our situations.

Bro. Rick McGee
Pastor
Joyful Life Ministries

No comments: